Eprofessor is committed to developing open and fair policies for the use of its content materials for teaching and learning. We are equally committed to protecting the privacy of our users online. This privacy and use statement discloses the privacy and use practices for the Eprofessor website.
1. General Information
Eprofessor respects the privacy of our customers, members, subscribers, business partners, channel partners, content providers, teachers, and employees. We recognize the need for appropriate protections and management of your personal information that you provide to us. Eprofessor has therefore established this Privacy Statement to assist you to understand what information we collect and how that information is used.
2. What personal information does Eprofessor collect ?
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual, such as a name, address, telephone number, personal information or email address. Eprofessor may collect certain personal information from customers, learners, students, membership owners of our partners, guest users, business partners, publisher, author, employees, and candidates for employment.
On Eprofessor websites you can use, work, order products or services, download the products, register products, request information, subscribe to marketing or support materials, support, services, and training, or apply for jobs at Eprofessor . The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address.
3. How does Eprofessor use personal information?
Eprofessor will use personal information to provide customers and business partners with information and services and to help us better understand your needs and interests. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction or order, to communicate with you, to deliver products/services to you, to bill you for products/services you purchased, and to provide ongoing service and support. Occasionally we may use your information to contact you to complete surveys that we use for marketing and quality assurance purposes. Personal information collected online may be combined with information you provide to Eprofessor through other sources such as trade shows or seminars.
- Eprofessor may share part of your information with third parties in responding to your requests for products or services or product evaluations. Also, we may on occasion allow selected partners to send you special offers in blind mailings. Generally, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information shared with these third parties.
- You can also opt-out of these services, by emailing the detailed request to firstname.lastname@example.org However, if you request information on any of our products/services; Eprofessor may provide your information to third party distributors and resellers who may subsequently contact you directly to purchase such products/services. In these instances, you will not have the opportunity to opt-out of having your information shared with these third party distributors and resellers.
- Some Eprofessor websites make on-line newsgroups, blogs, and forums available to our users. Any information that is disclosed in these news groups becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Eprofessor may, from time to time, send the email regarding our products and services to users who have posted to our newsgroups. Each participant's opinion expressed in a newsgroup is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of the Eprofessor.
- To the extent that Eprofessor uses personal information to email you about our product and services, email practices are in compliance with the Indian SPAM laws. Information about the Indian SPAM laws can be found at www.spamlaws.com
- Eprofessor uses personal information to consider candidates for employment opportunities within E professor . It uses personal information about its employees in connection with the administration of its Human Resources programs and functions and for the purpose of communicating with its employees.
- Except as provided in this Statement, Eprofessor does not use your personal information for a purpose other than the stated purpose for which such information is collected.
- Personal information given to E professors may be transferred across state and country borders for data consolidation, storage, and simplified information management.
4. With whom does Eprofessor share personal information?
Eprofessor may contract with third-party service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services, and customer solutions. Eprofessor may share personal information with its service providers and suppliers for the sole purpose and only to the extent needed to support the customers' business needs. Service providers and suppliers are required to keep the personal information received from Eprofessor as confidential and may not use it for any purpose other than as originally intended.
Human Resources data may be shared with third party vendors for the exclusive purpose of enabling the vendor to provide service and/or support to Eprofessor in connection with these Human Resource programs and functions. Personal data is not shared with third parties for non-employment related purposes.
Third parties receiving personal information are expected to apply the same level of privacy protection as contained in this Privacy Statement.
Except as provided above, Eprofessor will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by, or in connection with, law enforcement action, subpoena or other litigation, or applicable law.
5. Choice & Consent
Eprofessor does not require that you provide Eprofessor with personal information. The decision to provide personal information is voluntary. If you do not wish to provide the personal information requested you may do so, however, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested. Except as expressly stated otherwise in this Privacy Statement, you may opt-out of having Eprofessor share personal information with third parties as described in this Privacy Statement by notifying Eprofessor in writing of your desire to do so.
6. Sensitive Information
Sensitive information is defined as personal information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or information specifying the sex life of the individual.
- Except as provided below, Eprofessor does not request or receive sensitive information from visitors to our websites. Eprofessor may receive sensitive information such as medical or health conditions, or race and ethnic data regarding its employees in connection with the administration of its health and welfare benefit plans, or as part of government mandated recordkeeping requirements.
- Such information will not be shared with third parties without the employee's affirmative approval as required by applicable law. In addition, sensitive information will not be used for a purpose other than its original purpose without the employee's approval. Further, Eprofessor will treat as sensitive any information received from a third party where the third party treats and identifies the information as sensitive.
7. Sensitive Information
Eprofessor strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain data accuracy. We expect you to update your personal information, once provided, through a written email [preferred through the earlier email ID provided] to E professor . To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as an email ID, Contact number, etc, before updating your data.
Eprofessor will not process personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by the individual, as required by applicable law.
8. Security of Personal Information
Eprofessor is committed to taking reasonable efforts to secure the personal data you choose to provide us. To protect the privacy of any personal information you may have provided, Eprofessor employs industry-standard controls including physical access controls, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, and network monitoring.
9. Other Information/Logging and Cookies
Eprofessor collects and/or logs Internet Protocol addresses, Internet domain names, the web browser and operating system used to access the Eprofessor website, the files visited, the time spent in each file, and the time and date of each visit.
- Eprofessor collects and/or logs Internet Protocol addresses, Internet domain names, the web browser and operating system used to access the Eprofessor website, the files visited, the time spent in each file, and the time and date of each visit.
- Creation and Sharing of User Data on the Site: Eprofessor provides its registered users with the privilege of adding user-created data to the site. It is the right of Eprofessor to grant and revoke this right to any user of the Eprofessor website. A user may be required to or allowed to submit some personal information as part of his or her Member Profile, such as user name and role, affiliated institution, subject or grade taught, for example, as part of membership and participation in an online community based on open educational resources vetting. Ratings, reviews, and tags created by the user are by definition part of the Eprofessor knowledge base.
- Eprofessor is not responsible for any personally identifiable information that a user discloses to sites visited and for the privacy practices of such sites. All the content uploaded on the site is the sole responsibility of that channel and Eprofessor is nowhere responsible for the authenticity of any data.
- You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. The information we collect and analyze is used to improve our service to you and personalize your web-browsing experience.
10. Links to Non - Eprofessor Websites and Third Parties
The Eprofessor websites may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave the Eprofessor website. Eprofessor does not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from E professor . We do not endorse or make any representations about third party websites.
Eprofessor will engage in periodic self-assessment to verify that it continues to be in compliance with this Privacy Statement.
12. Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding the Privacy Statement or believe that the privacy of your personal information has not been respected, you may submit a complaint in writing/email to the attention of the Website Administrator, E professor . You may write to us at- 41-42a, Ashoka Park Main, Rohtak Road, or mail us on email@example.com (website – www.E professor.in ).
13. Changes to this Statement
Eprofessor will review and update this Statement periodically.